First stop on our West Coast adventure was Reefton.
Up until then I knew nothing about Reefton but now I can not only happily recommend it as a great place to stop between Hamner Springs and Greymouth but also tell you a few of Reefton’s most redeeming qualities….
- It has a great skate park! James is a bit of a skate boarder from way back and was wishing he had bought his board. The girls on the other hand didn’t let a little thing like lack of a skate board stop them and slid down on their onesies instead! They had a ball!
- It has a lovely river out the back of the skate park – great for taking photos
- It has awesome stones – the kids loved them
- It has very friendly people – everyone we met smiled and chatted to us
- It has flags of every nationality everywhere – I assume for the Rugby World Cup but it felt very inclusive
- It has a well stocked 4 Square with pretty much everything you need.
So there you have it – Reefton, a great place to stop and you can find out more about it here…
Best skateboard park ever but shame I didn’t have a skateboard – or a onesie. Everyone had a smile on their face.
Sophia (6 years old) rates it 10/10
Krystal (8 years old) rates it 9/10
Bella (9 years old) rates it 10/10
James rates it 8/10
Cat rates it 7/10